9 EXPERTS GATHERED FOR A UNIQUE ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION
As a member of the United Nations Decade of the Ocean's "A Clean Ocean" Lab, The SeaCleaners hosted a unique roundtable discussion "An Abyss of Plastic Wisdom, A Solutions-Oriented Dialogue".
This exchange brought together an unprecedented panel of scientists, policy makers, industry and media to identify scientific and technological solutions to plastic pollution, and to refine our understanding of plastics and their value chain.
Invited speakers :
• Luc Desoutter – Sustainability Officer, Sidel, France
• Dr Tim van Emmerik,- Assistant Professor, Hydrologic Sensing, Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
• François Galgani – Project Manager, IFREMER, France
• Kevin Fernando Handojo – Team Leader, Bye Bye Plastic Bags, Indonesia
• Dr. Britta Denise Hardesty – Senior Research Scientist, CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere, Australia
• Dr. Marc Lucas – Senior Oceanographer & Project Manager, CLS Group (Collecte Localisation Satellites), France
• Bhargavi Mantha – Head of Community Litterati, Canada
• Gwen Coat – Scientific Director, The SeaCleaners, France
• Houmi Ahamed-Mikidache – Founder & Director of Era Environnement
• Alena Petrikovicova – Policy Officer – Marine litter, European Commission, Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Belgium